OK, try not to panic, but we only have two more months until SDCC, the mother of all cons!
I wanted to focus on some prep and planning for the countdown to help you all get ready.
Travel Plan Checklist:
- Double check on those badges. You have the barcode ready to print out or have it printed already and in a safe place? Good, because you can’t get in without it.
- Check on the hotel reservation. If you went through the SDCC lottery, then make sure that the hotel has charged you for two nights as a deposit. If not, there might be an issue with the room. Call them immediately.
- If you are dealing with the parking lottery, same thing, double check all the required deposits to make sure you are officially in.
- If you are flying, check on those plane tickets and flight information. Do you have your airport parking squared away? Might want to go ahead and do it now.
Now that all the boring adulting is out of the way, let’s get to the real planning! Are you cosplaying? If so, then the countdown if officially on!
- Are you doing anything new? Best get on that if you are!
- Order any mail order pieces to your cosplay now so they will be delivered in time.
- Start buying fabric, patterns, notions, etc. if you are sewing your own pieces.
- Re-running a cosplay? Then take it out of storage and try it on. Does it still fit well?
- If there are any repairs that need to be made to cosplay pieces, do them now.
- Contact the other members of your cosplay group, if any, and make sure they are working on their cosplay.
- If you need to ship anything to the hotel, then call that hotel and find out their policy for taking delivery of guest parcels.
For more tips for planning your best con ever, please visit crazy4comiccon.com!
Hope to see you there!
Love, Kim and Scout
*Lead photo: thewrap.com
*Convention center photos: theitsummit.com and wikimedia.org
*Sign photo: actionfigurepics.com