In this post, Scout and I wanted to talk a bit about the film, “Captain America: Civil War”.
*Obviously, this post is full of spoilers. We gave you nerds over a week to see it though. You’ve been warned!
First off, we are both solid Team Cap and remain so after seeing the movie. We both loved this movie so much! It is right up there with the first Avengers, Guardians and Winter Soldier. Best of the best of the Marvel Studios films so far.
We have not read the comic as of yet, but plan to in the future, fyi. So these thoughts are all about the civil war in the MCU.
What we loved about it:
- The overall message of friendship and that friends are the family you choose
- Vision’s Ward Cleaver wardrobe (it will never not be funny)
- The humor sprinkled throughout
- The anti-bromance of Bucky and Sam
- That blue beetle
- Steve finally, FINALLY getting a kiss
- Bucky and Sam’s reaction
- Clarity on how The Winter Soldier “works” (the trigger words and that he is not in control of his actions). I really needed to see the old Buck to understand Cap’s side of things
- Cap stops a helicopter from taking off with the power of his biceps!
- Cap’s arms, seriously deserves another mention
- Ant Man feeling up said biceps (we’d all do it, admit it)
- Ant Man/Giant Man (“I believe this is yours, Captain America!”)
- New Spidey (adorbs)
- Everyone got their moment in this film without overcrowding anything
- Wanda’s new uniform (that corset tho)
- When Bucky steals a motorcycle
- Red Wing
- Tony figures out at the end that he messed up, big time
- Tony Stank
OK, seperate mention of Black Panther!
- His suit and claws and that helmet with the little ears, OMG!
- Everytime he was addressed as, “Your Highness”
- His assistant, “Move or you will be moved.” She better be in his solo movie, just sayin
- His panther feet
- His classiness in general
- He’s a badass, plain and simple
- He’s looking after Bucky
- He took the high road with the bad guy
What we didn’t like (we know these things had to happen, but still gave us feels):
- Peggy passed on (I know she was 100, but still!)
- That Stark just cannot stop messing up everything around him, to the detriment of the Avengers (come on, dude!)
- That it was The Winter Soldier that killed Stark’s parents and not some random Hydra Agent
- Stark screwed things up with Pepper (I know girl, you tried)
- Rhodey not getting with the program by the end. Heck, even Tony figured out that he screwed up royally
So, what did you guys think of the movie? Let us know in the comments!
Next time, I’m going to talk about my new Elhoffer Design Cap Dress that I wore to opening weekend. Until then, Kim and Scout will return…
Love, Kim and Scout
*All photos from film: Marvel Studios