Scout and I have a couple of announcements. First off, we have more duckies! I know we ran out during WonderCon, and some folks were disappointed. If you want a duckie, let us know. If you can shoot me a little for shipping, I’ll send you some ducks!
Our other announcement is that we will be adding some posts about make-up.
When we started this blog, we wanted everything to be age and size inclusive and cover nerdy fashions, cosplay and lifestyles. We are all about body positivity and confidence, so deciding to start posting about make-up was a decision we did not take lightly. After all, everyone has to wear clothes so they don’t get arrested, so you might as well be fashionable. Now make-up, not a requirement in life by any means. So, why cover it? Well…
We love make-up in this house! Like, a lot! A whole lot! However, our attitude about make-up is that it is strictly for funzies. There is no, “A lady must not ever go out without make-up.” BS around here. We would like to bring the sense of fun to this blog and share our enthusiasm about make-up with you all.
So, ground rules which we will always follow:
- There will be no mention of “covering your flaws”
- There will be no mention of “anti-aging” or “looking younger”
- There will be no mention of wearing make-up to attract a date or mate
- We will be filling up posts with fun and how make-up is basically an accessory to your fashion. We are all land-mermaid/unicorn/fairy princesses!
- We will talk about great products that are good for your skin’s health (ex. sunscreen)
- We will talk about good skincare. Self-care is always a body positive concept
- We will talk about age, but only to address how your skincare needs change (example would be, good formulas for tweens and teens as opposed to good formulas for the over-35 crowd. Scout needs oil-free formulas, and since I am almost 50, I need as much moisture for my skin as possible)
We hope that you will enjoy these upcoming posts on make-up.
As always, we welcome your comments and thoughts.
Until next time…
Love, Kim and Scout
*All professional photos by Justin Davidson Photography. Book him here.