For the weeks heading up to SDCC 2018, we are revisiting some of our best articles in regards to con attendance and cosplay. Hope to see you in San Diego next month!
Pack?! What, why, we have a whole three weeks until SDCC. Um, yeah, ONLY a three weeks, so best get going on the packing. I’m fully serious!
OK, so what the heck do I pack for nerd camp? Here’s a list of some must haves for any con:
- Comfy shoes. You’ll be walking A LOT!
- Insoles for shoes. I bring a couple of pair and switch them everyday
- Backpack or messenger bag. Something with padded straps
- Comfy leggings or jeans
- T-shirts. Get on sorting through which ones are going with you. You need to suit up properly
- Something a little dressier for any parties you are attending
- Make a list of all the pieces to each cosplay you are taking, so nothing gets left at home
- Jewelry, if required
- Boots and shoes that go with your cosplays
- Wigs, if required
- Make-up, if required
- A hotel quick fix kit with glue gun, safety pins, bobby pins, fabric tape, toupee tape, scissors, needles and thread, and paints with brushes
- Your badge!
- If your badge isn’t mailed to you, don’t panic, not all of them were. Print out the barcode to pick up your badge when you get there
- Print out of your hotel reservation
- Plane tickets, if needed
- Pre-pay for airport parking and have a shuttle to get you to your hotel all set up
- Map out your driving route and alternate route
- If you are driving, get your car serviced
- Pack all your devices and their chargers
- Extra phone batteries
- Ear buds
- Download the Con app. It’s free!
For the Hotel
- Snacks and drinks
- A cooler if your hotel doesn’t have a fridge
- Any muscle rollers to roll it out after a long day of walking and standing
- Heat and/or cold packs for sore muscles
- Over the counter pain relief
- Your prescription medications
- Sunscreen (just in case you get stuck outside waiting to get in somewhere, it happens)
If you think of anything I left off this list, just shoot a comment and I’ll add it! Scout and I can’t wait to see you all next week!
Love, Kim and Scout