I’m playing a little catch up with holiday films and holiday prep in general. Hero Within’s first shipments are arriving, so I am a busy elf getting those packages out to our customers. Blog posts keep getting pushed back.
Scout and I got to see “Fantastic Beasts…” a couple of weeks ago. I gotta say, Wow! What an enjoyable movie. As usual, I am not a movie critic and will not try to be one today, but here are some thoughts on the film.
- A hearty “THANK YOU!” to JK for taking us back into the wizarding world.
- A Hufflepuff hero at last!
- Newt is a textbook Hufflepuff. I love how he is portrayed in the film.
- Setting the story a couple of generations ahead of Harry was a great idea. You get to go back to the wizarding world and get a period piece on top of it. Fabulous!
- Jacob is just the best. I crush on him so hard.
- Queenie, what’s not to love? She is amazing. All I could do was picture Marilyn Monroe playing her back in the day.
- Addressing the Puritan roots of most Americans and how that would realistically effect the wizarding world. The “New Salemers”…brilliant!
- I want a pet niffler.
- The American rules for wizards and witches are kind of jerky. I hope we start to mellow out in the next film.
- This movie has one of my all-time favorite endings to a movie EVER! That ending was a hug. A total hug.
I know it is past time to say this, but if you can, get to the movies as soon as you can and check out this movie. Scout and I loved it!
Our cloches are from Target.
Love, Kim and Scout